Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Awareness" for a cause!! An update...

This is my third post here, in this new blog, and I want to recap so you know where I stand until now with my research...

Following up in my search for someone to give my sculpture "Awareness" to, I have met some very interesting people, who have given me lots of useful information. I was also interviewed by Ann Nyberg, a Connecticut TV anchor (WTNH-TV news) and a lovely human being, for her fresh and uplifting blog, Annie Mame.com.

Ann's blog is dedicated to showcase all the extraordinary people and places in our beautiful nutmeg state of Connecticut. So, it was an honor for me to be interviewed by her, and it has helped me to spread my message further more. Here is a link to her blog post:

Besides, I was featured with my sculpture "Awareness" at the Celebrate the Healing Power of Art blog:


"The purpose of Celebrate The Healing Power of ART, founded by Renee Phillips, Director of Manhattan Arts International, is to Promote ART and all aspects of CREATIVITY and its vital importance to healing individuals and the planet. We believe that when Artists create healing Art they not only experience a healing process within themselves, their Art also has a healing impact on viewers." Excerpt from their blog.

I'm currently looking into each one of the recommendations I have received, and hopefully soon, I will have someone to donate my artwork to. But, most of all I would like to make a difference with this donation, it would be too easy to just give it away to any of the wonderful foundations out there, but then my donation would just disappear in the air... I WANT TO MAKE A FUSS!! I want to make a difference with my donation, I want to see the change for the better in the current screening technology for women with Dense Breast Tissue.
---------

To wrap it all for now, I would like to thank all of you who have shown interest in what I'm trying to do and to those of you who have given me names of people and/or foundation working on Dense Breast Tissue. I really appreciate your efforts. Also, a big thank you to the brave women that are starting to give me their stories to share here with you. Stay tune!

...and remember, PLEASE take good care of yourselves and the lovely ladies in your lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment